For several purposes, I’ve assembled a list of articles below that describe the attitudes and approaches of the self-styled “progressives.” I pray this list will be helpful in understanding better some of the tendencies among us.
Please suggest more articles for this list, which can be updated at any moment. An article or two by a progressive, without invective, if that’s possible, describing their approach, would also be of interest.
- Accusers Are Divisive, by J. Randal Matheny
- Bible Doesn’t Say, “Don’t Do It,” Does It?, by Wayne Jackson
- Changes in the Church, by David Pharr
- Congregational Autonomy — Not a Shield for Error, by Wayne Jackson
- Gravity of Grace, by Barry Newton
- Moving the Goalpost, by Greg A. Tidwell
- Open Letter from Nadab and Abihu, by David Brassfield
- State of the Brotherhood, by various authors. They sum up their impressions in Feb. 2006.