* My flight departs Sunday night, arriving in Nashville Monday morning, Lord willing. You’ll see less of me on the Internet since we will be traveling extensively.
* The Firstborn celebrates his birthday today. He’s now a -niner. God bless him to serve powerfully.
* Having written two devotionals recently on power, this line caught my eye: “The reward of power is not for the timid.” How true!
* In Scripture, power is connected to the Holy Spirit. If we deny the latter, can we possess the former?
* Power and authority are related but not synonymous. Power is the ability to do. Authority is the right or permission to do.
* With self at the center, frustrations run high. When Christ takes hold, peace reigns.
* Back to the mundane: The art of packing a suitcase consists in deciding what to leave out.
* Maybe not so mundane, since one can draw parallels between packing a suitcase and preparing for eternity.
* How do we know there is life after death? We have testimony from one who returned to tell us about it. And his testimony is true.
* Psalm 97 is amazing. God reigns with justice, which calls for celebration. The divine kingdom offers all we search for. We enter it now through the church. Join me!