* In Mechanicsville, Va., I spoke three times at the Cold Harbor Road Lectureship on the why, the who, and the how of taking the gospel to the world. The lectureship book can be ordered here. Sunday morning, Nov. 6, I preached at the Hopkins Road congregation in Richmond. (See my impressions of the lectureship.)
* My parents helped me recuperate from the intense lectureship schedule. I also visited my sons at Freed-Hardeman University and accompanied them Nov. 13 to the Juno congregation where they attend.
* Barbara Oliver and I presided over our book signing at the FHU Homecoming in the Bible bookstore Nov. 12. Our book, Straight to the Cross, is selling well. Later, she and I made further plans for our publishing efforts.
* Kevin Cauley and I lunched together at Chili’s Nov. 14 in Mountain Home, Ark. (between Berryville and Paragould). Kevin came to Brazil in September and taught churches in the region. Read here for his journal and pictures of that trip.
* I visited the Bill Tripp family Nov. 15 in Paragould, Ark., where we discussed Bill’s and daughter Jenna’s January trip to Haiti and their family’s possible visit to Brazil.
I’m grateful to the elders and to Neal Pollard, preacher and lectureship director, for the invitation to the lectureship and the travel funds and honorarium that made possible my trip.