Below is the translation of the 3×5 card I handed out last Wednesday night. We covered half of it, will finish it next Wednesday. It’s part of a series I’m doing.
This lesson is an acrostic for the Portuguese word for gospel, evangelho. No way to retain the acrostic, of course.
- Scriptures: it’s all in the Bible, 2 Tim 3.14-17.
- Truth: Christ-fact, 1Co 15.3-5, 1 Jn 1.1-4, Gal 2.14.
- Action: power of God to save, Rom 1.16, Rom 5.6.
- New birth in God’s family, Jn 3.3, 6.
- Grace of God: nothing to earn, Eph 2.4-10.
- Eternity: eternal life for the soul, Jn 17.3, Jas 1.16.
- Freedom: freed from sin to serve God, Rom 6.17-18.
- Inheritance: hope of the future, Ac 20.32, Eph 1.18-19.
- Obedience: required to obey, Lk 24.47, Jn 12.50.
For more about the gospel, see this link: gospel.randal.fastmail.fm.