Some news sites tell us in brief things to know for the day. Let’s borrow the idea for the gospel.
- News headlines change, God doesn’t.
- Governments hide their dirty laundry; God is holy and reveals his holiness.
- The most popular names for 2012 were Jacob and Sophia; God’s name has always been “I AM.”
- Men are protesting that women are now praying at Jerusalem’s Wailing Wall; God hears prayer from anywhere.
- Drones spy on the unsuspecting, both upstanding citizens and terrorists alike; God sees all, knows the righteous, blesses the obedient.
- Criminals drained $45 million from bank reserves to fund pre-paid credit cards; God preserves the treasure laid up in heaven.
- Horrific details emerge about the captivity of three Cleveland women; God shows us the devastation caused by sin’s captivity.
- Facebook is a time sinkhole; the Bible is time well spent and eternity guaranteed.
- Famous actors good at memorizing lines spout extemporaneous idiocy; God always speaks truth that frees. And last of all …
- Talk already flies about the 2016 US presidential election; God elected the obedient for salvation before the world began.
What Bible verses come to mind for each of these points?