There’s nothing in the world for me:
No tenderness, no pleasure free
Of pain and death, no love that’s pure,
No higher reason, no good secure.
In Christ are all the gifts of God,
No giving of his is fleeting or flawed;
In him my every need is filled,
And life itself where the Lord was killed.
READ: “Because everyone who has been fathered by God conquers the world. This is the conquering power that has conquered the world: our faith” 1 Jn 5.4.
THINK: By faith David won over Goliath. The world (=everything and everyone against God) appears to be immense, but God is greater. We already know the ending. Victory depends only on our faithfulness. Faith has content: Jesus as the Son of God, 1 Jn 5.5. Victory through Christ is a motive for gratitude and praise, 1 Cor 15.57. In him, we are more than conquerors, Rom 8.37. Continue reading
- READ: “Everyone who is a child of God has the power to win against the world. It is our faith that wins the victory against the world.” 1 John 5.4 ICB. (More)
- THINK: Remember David before Goliath. The world seems large, but God is greater.
- PRAY: God who inspires faith, thank you for the victory over the world. I believe! Strengthen my faith.
- ACT: Show the victory of faith by turning problems into opportunity to show the glory of God.
- ASK: What can I do today to demonstrate that my faith is victorious?
Here is the content in a png image, if you want to share, pin, post or print:
Share your experience in the comments area below.
The idea of political correctness is to require everyone to accept the same perspective. But an extreme incompatibility exists between the things of God and those of the world. Continue reading
I read the news today, always a dangerous thing. First the poem then the links and background, last, a perspective.
by J. Randal Matheny
Anarchists threw the baby out
The bus’s window, on her head,
Set fire to rage, to chaos, devout;
In tears and fear the mother fled. Continue reading
How many times a day do you wish things were different than they are?
Don’t we all? And while there’s little harm in a short and humorous wish of the sort, were we to dwell on how we wanted the world to be different, we’d miss the point of occupying our little quadrant of time and space. Continue reading
This is a significant current speech that deserves a wide audience, video below. Continue reading