There’s nothing in the world for me:
No tenderness, no pleasure free
Of pain and death, no love that’s pure,
No higher reason, no good secure.
In Christ are all the gifts of God,
No giving of his is fleeting or flawed;
In him my every need is filled,
And life itself where the Lord was killed.
V — “… like a conquerer determined to conquer” Rev 6.2 NVI (my translation from the Portuguese; see also here).
M — What is said of this rider should be said of every saint. We are more than conquerers, Rm 8.37. So let us go out to win the victory.
P — Father, may I always have the attitude of a spiritual victor.
The obvious ceases to be obvious when we listen to voices that are misinformed or spouting false teaching. It was the latter who were bellowing in the first century, leaving the true children of God confused, when John wrote his first letter. Continue reading
READ: “Because everyone who has been fathered by God conquers the world. This is the conquering power that has conquered the world: our faith” 1 Jn 5.4.
THINK: By faith David won over Goliath. The world (=everything and everyone against God) appears to be immense, but God is greater. We already know the ending. Victory depends only on our faithfulness. Faith has content: Jesus as the Son of God, 1 Jn 5.5. Victory through Christ is a motive for gratitude and praise, 1 Cor 15.57. In him, we are more than conquerors, Rom 8.37. Continue reading
- READ: “Everyone who is a child of God has the power to win against the world. It is our faith that wins the victory against the world.” 1 John 5.4 ICB. (More)
- THINK: Remember David before Goliath. The world seems large, but God is greater.
- PRAY: God who inspires faith, thank you for the victory over the world. I believe! Strengthen my faith.
- ACT: Show the victory of faith by turning problems into opportunity to show the glory of God.
- ASK: What can I do today to demonstrate that my faith is victorious?
Here is the content in a png image, if you want to share, pin, post or print:
Share your experience in the comments area below.
If the human mind has a fault, it is the failure to see the possibility of victory, against such a great opposition. Continue reading
The urge to quit often comes shortly before the victory is gained.