God deserves all glory because he answers prayer, makes our plans come to fruition when we consecrate them to his purpose, and blesses us in every way, far above any good result we can imagine. Let us therefore praise him because he is near and ever willing to raise up the fallen and exalt the humble. God is good!
Deliver to the Lord your works and plans,
And find success when all is in his hands.
No deed will turn out well he doesn’t bless,
But faith unleashes power — from God, no less.
Believers in the Spirit accomplish more
Than any can imagine, his riches pour
Upon the faithful for the kingdom’s use;
The least of Christ can never give excuse
Of lack or little — all is ours, and we
Are God’s possession, and he with his is free.
By J. Randal Matheny © 2015
Let me not confuse success with love;
Our worthiness to others must we prove?
Can we not love the unlucky ones who lose?
The humble, common, and poor will God refuse?
The great and powerful persecute the Way,
So why prefer the rich man’s resumé?
The haughty man of means is pleasing God?
Then why do we the trappings of power applaud?
I do the best I can,
My best I do, no more;
Are mine the powers of man,
But not the spells of lore.
Discipline, commitment, intentionality, planning, carry-through, consistency, dedication. These qualities will get you to your goals. Continue reading
Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail.
Revelation 11.19 ESV Continue reading
These supposed “secrets” come from Olympic gold medalists, though I’m not so sure about #6.
There are some spiritual principles here as well.
- Stay laser-focused on your goals, despite what your skeptics may say.
- Don’t back down from the competition — they will likely bring out the best in you.
- Never give up. When great obstacles arise, pick yourself up and get back in the game. Continue reading
Even those who criticize the famous Brazilian shortcut often let escape a certain pride. I mean, the shortcut is Brazilian. And the Brazilian is nothing if not creative. That’s true, but others also have their creativity, which isn’t always used with good results.
Like the athlete who uses forbidden products to gain better marks or performance in the competition, and who winds up losing his trophy or medal after medical exams.
The plans of the diligent lead only to plenty,
but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty.
Proverbs 21:5 NET Continue reading
Ignore these at your peril.
1. Life is about relationships, human and divine. Mess these up, and you got no life.
2. Work is something you do, not who you are. Enjoy it, don’t hang yourself on it or for it.
3. Your past is like the tail on the dog. Wag it.
4. Your future is like a dog’s nose. Wet it.
5. Life goes through phases, and they all end up at the same place. Prepare for it.
6. Personality should be shaped slowly and carefully until it becomes character.
7. You are too puny for the Beyond. Above all else, get Help.