Prayer for August 2009 –We invite the brotherhood to dedicate the month of July to the following petition:
August 24 is Infancy Day. Let us pray that every child may be reared in security and with love, in homes that follow Christ. August 9 in some countries is Father’s Day. May the men assume their role as spiritual guides in the home.
May our missionary petition be:
That entire families convert to the Lord.
How to use these prayers
- Include them in your personal prayers and in prayers you offer in small groups and in your congregation.
- Ask that these petitions be included, when asked for prayer requests.
- Affix these prayers on your congregation’s bulletin board.
- Publish them in your church bulletin or newsletter.
- Distribute a sheet with these prayers in prayer meetings.
- Post them on the home page of your congregation and mention them in electronic forums or email discussion groups.
- Send them by mail or by email to brothers and sisters who you know.
- Translate them into other languages and share them with churches in other countries and areas of the world.
Please let us hear from you how you are using these prayers in your life or congregation. Share that information with everyone in the comment area below.