A few items happening and, in some cases, not happening at the moment around these parts.
– Setting up visits at churches for my US trip next month through October is going slow. Very slow.
– A couple of large Christian events here in the country have postponed or cancelled this year because of the swine flu scare.
– The second person in SJCampos died this week because of the flu. However, some experts say this flu is no worse than other influenza viruses.
– I’d hoped to get the most recent issue of Edification magazine (see pic for front cover) from the printer, but it looks like it will be next week.
– Max Lucado came to a church near us (2 1/2 hrs away), it pains me to say. Digressives are influencing the church here greatly.
– How to move a person off the wall to obey the Lord, with yelling or twisting arms?
– I wrote an email to some of the brothers and sisters here, with three needs: place for baptisms, new meeting place because of crowded present location, and leveraging evangelism by the whole church.
– Dollar continues to drop. Yesterday’s exchange rate was 1.82/1.
– The high speed train between Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro is on the fast track for getting built by the World Cup in 2014. SJCampos is one of the sure stops. Plans call for the station to be less than five minutes from our house.
– Doing a sermon series in SJCampos on what makes us distinct as God’s people, from the religious groups out there. Tomorrow’s lesson: Take your vehicle to the authorized mechanic. Or, get specific authority for what you do; don’t go beyond what is written, as per 1 Cor. 4:6.
– Sweet of the day, as in right now: brigadeiro candy made today at the padaria.