Charts and graphs explain a lot in little space. Here’s one for you:
Jesus’ post-resurrection appearances
- To Mary Magdalene (Mk. 16:9-11; John 20:11-18).
- To certain women (Matt. 28:9-10).
- To two on the way to Emmaus (Lk. 24:13-22; Mk. 16:12-13).
- To Peter (Lk. 24:33-35; 1 Cor. 15:5).
- To ten of the apostles (John 20:19-25)
- To eleven of the apostles (John 20:26-29).
- To seven apostles by the Sea of Galilee (John 21:1-23).
- To more than 500 disciples (1 Cor. 15:6).
- To eleven apostles on a mountain in Galilee (Matt. 28:16-17).
- To James (1 Cor. 15:7).
- To the eleven shortly before ascending (Mk. 16:14-19; Ac. 1:6-10).
- On Mt. Olivet when He ascended (Lk. 24:44-51; Ac. 1:6-10).
- As he was dying Stephen saw Jesus (Acts 7:55-60).
- Last of all He was seen by Paul (1 Cor. 15:8).
— “Basic Beginnings from the New Testament Book of Acts,” Lesson 2, by Joe E. Galloway