Prayer for May 2010 –We invite the brotherhood to dedicate the month of May to the following petition:
That those being baptized may understand the nature of the commitment that they are assuming in Christ.
May our missionary petition be:
That we teach Jesus’ Lordship to those outside of Christ in a way that they understand what it means to be his disciples.
How to use these prayers
- Include them in your personal prayers and in prayers you offer in small groups and in your congregation.
- Ask that these petitions be included, when asked for prayer requests.
- Affix these prayers on your congregation’s bulletin board.
- Publish them in your church bulletin or newsletter.
- Distribute a sheet with these prayers in prayer meetings.
- Post them on the home page of your congregation and mention them in electronic forums or email discussion groups.
- Send them by mail or by email to brothers and sisters who you know.
- Translate them into other languages and share them with churches in other countries and areas of the world.
Please let us hear from you how you are using these prayers in your life or congregation. Share that information with everyone in the comment area below.