* A couple of people (maybe more, that I don’t know about) have railed at the BNc story about the debate on doing benevolence from the church treasury. Along the lines of how it’s such a waste of time. Ironic that they spend time venting about this waste of time. Now, I probably wouldn’t spend time debating that topic. But if there are those who want to limit the good works a church may do, perhaps it’s not such a bad thing to discuss that question.
* Barbara O. and I are revamping the FPress site. I hope we can have it done in time for the FHU Lectureship.
* Spent time last night, staying up late, working on the synergistic missions group idea. It, plus the FPress site work, moved along, so I didn’t quit until well after midnight.
* Working at home this morning to the sound of concrete being broken up just outside the window. We’re replacing the walkway in corridor at the side of the house. If the rains will hold off. Then, to the carport, to fix where tree roots buckled up the flooring, and the short drive from the street.
* We’ve lived in this house almost 12 years. (Longer than anywhere else in our married life!) The paint job and reformation is the first time we’ve ever touched anything in the house. It was really needing it. We’re taking food from the baby’s mouth, so to speak, to do this, since we don’t know what our financial situation will be after June, when our main support ends. If we don’t do it now, it may never get done.
* Last, for now: I don’t know that we’ve actually announced it in an official way, so here goes: In August, Joel and Tansy will have our first grandchild. I think I said that properly. From the way grandparents blather on about their grandkids, it must be a wonderful state of being. Lord permitting, we’ll soon find out. And post the sign: Warning! Blathering Grandparents Ahead.