Here’s a study I used in our small group study last night to good effect.
With ten adults and innumerable kids that Leila and Amanda took to the park during our study, we had a good number, unusual for vacation month when so many travel. But several were out of school or off of work and showed up.
DECIDE! Matthew 6:33
“So put first God’s kingdom and what is right. Then all the things you need will be given to you” (PEB).
- Decide that you will put God’s kingdom before your own P__________ interests (Matt. 16:24-25).
- Decide that you will put God’s kingdom before your own F__________ interests (Matt. 6:24).
- Decide that you will put God’s kingdom before your own F__________ interests (Matt. 10:37-39).
- Decide that you will put God’s kingdom before your own R__________ interests (Matt. 23:1-12).
- Decide that you will put God’s kingdom before your own N__________ interests (Matt. 6:25-34).
I have decided that I will put God’s kingdom first before all my interests, and I sign my name below: __________
So that’s the study. All passages come from the gospel of Matthew, which makes it easier for those not familiar with the Bible.
People participated more than ever and, since we had a holiday today, we went later than usual.
Tomorrow, family and I motor off to Belo Horizonte, where Vicki and I will speak at a marriage encounter in the Contagem church Saturday night. I hear tell I’m preaching there Sunday as well. Back on Monday.
After some more frustrating moments and employee incompetence, Vicki got her driver’s license last night. We got home from that at 7:30, for our study at 8 p.m. Now she can help me drive the 8-9 hours to BHte.
I pray you, as per the study above, are a decided person for God’s kingdom.
Oh, the answers? Only by request below with your email address included, after you work through it.