Lightning hit my laptop a couple of weeks ago while in Contagem teaching about the eldership. I got it back this afternoon from the Apple Store in Nashville. Their flat-rate fee saved me about $800. I’m a happy guy.
• The Maywood Missionary Retreat was a blessing to Vicki and me. Hearing speakers like Robert Martin, Ronnie Coleman, and Loy Mitchell, among others, was soul-stirring. Next year’s event will be May 9-11. Make plans to be present.
• Last Wednesday, Vicki and I reported to the missions committee at Madison AL. Sunday morning, I preached at the Iuka MS church. Sunday night, I reported to the Acton church in Michie TN. Next Sunday, May 20, both services at the Baker Heights church in Abilene TX, and then a report to the Sherman Avenue church in Denton TX on May 23.
• Nothing scheduled for Wednesday, May 17.
• What’s the maximum price a man should pay for a pair of shoes?
• Still looking to purchase a car for The Maiden and for our use while in the US. Pray it will drop from heaven.
• We enjoyed visiting with Mike and Brenda Brooks, first at the retreat, then at their home in Tuscumbia AL. Also, with Nor and Linda Hagy at Acton. Old friends are special.
• Am enjoying Robert Martin’s autobiography, Talanoa Balavu (Big Story), which he signed and gave me at the retreat, covering especially their work in the Pacific Islands. Write him and ask for a copy. Only $5, below cost of printing.
• Latest word is that grandbaby #2 will arrive Friday at 7 a.m. Pray all goes well with the Caesarian and that Tansy and Judah will be well.