The Big Question tonight in our Bible reading group, before we read the Lord’s letter to Ephesus (Rev 2:1-7): If God were writing you a letter as he looked over how you spent 2011, what would he write? At the end, I told people to sit down and write the letter they think God would write to them.
• Another quatrain on the Christian Poets site today: “Just When All Seemed Smooth.” Just four lines, so pop over and read it. Will do you good.
• Some setbacks today in getting this site and the main Portuguese site going 100% after the server move. Patience, it’ll get there.
• Talked to Mom, Dad, and Kevin tonight on skype. Internet is a blessing in so many ways.
• I started out our group reading tonight by asking what was the last letter people had written, with pen and paper. Most of us couldn’t remember. A dying art.
• That idea of sandwiching criticism with compliments? Turns out the Lord did it with Ephesus. Praise, criticism, praise.
• They’d left their first love. There can’t be a worse statement than that, can there? And might not this love have been first not only in order of time, but importance as well? A number of versions take it as “the love you had at first.” Might we not also read it as “the love that was highest and dearest to you”?