Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live even if he dies, and the one who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
John 11.25-26 NET
That’s a good question for all of us, is it not? Living on the resurrection side of the Cross, we’re in a better position to appreciate the truth of Jesus’ declaration.
- Do I act as if I believe this truth?
- Do I demonstrate a palpable hope of the resurrection?
- Is the afterlife of eternal bliss with God at the center of my conversations?
- Does the greater reality of the Beyond make the present joyful?
- Do I look forward to that day when I will step away from this present existence into celestial living?
These are good questions for anyone, at any stage of faith, at any point in one’s walk, to consider.