So I decided to start Sept. 15 to read the Old Testament in 90 days. (Just the OT since I have a NT plan.)
A few brave souls have joined me in this venture. (Why not join us?)
Since our schedules are so full, how will we fit this extra item into our day? Here are some ideas.
1. Television is a huge robber of time. Go without a program a day, be it news, drama show, or other.
2. Cut down on your Facebook time.
3. Pare down the time you spend on video or online games.
4. Break down the readings into several segments and do them throughout the day — in the morning, on lunch break, at night.
5. Listen to an audio recording of the day’s Bible selection on your way to or from work.
6. Take a Bible with you when you go to the doctor, dentist, or other places where you have to wait.
7. Give up a meal to get your reading done. It’s called fasting. There are actually people who have done this.
8. Get up 30 minutes earlier in the morning to fit this extra reading in.
9. Change Bible versions if you feel bogged down with the one you’re using.
10. Pray and ask the Lord that he will bless this initiative of yours to spend more time listening to his Word.
What other ideas do you have to guarantee that we’ll make it through the Bible (or in my case, the Old Testament) in 90 days?